About the Roundtable
The British Chamber of Commerce Singapore is the first carbon neutral chamber in Singapore and is committed to developing commercial partnerships to support regional ambitions. Providing insights into the aims of the UK's Presidency at COP26 and what is happening on the ground in the UK and ASEAN, the roundtable will cover Asia's Role in Energy Transition, and the scale up of investment and innovation requirements observed in Southeast Asia's sustainable infrastructure.
The UK Catapults are physical centres accelerating business growth and stimulating markets. The Catapult Network brings together nine leading technology and innovation centres spanning over 40 locations across the UK. with cutting-edge R&D infrastructure, including hubs, laboratories, testbeds, factories and offices, as well as technical experts that prove and adopt breakthrough products, processes, services and technologies.
The session will provide insights by the Chamber's Energy & Utilities Business Committee's work in 2021 in tandem with Singapore's Green Plan 2030 and will discuss potential pathways to meet ASEAN's regional ambitions on Net-Zero.
Tim Rockell, Chair of the BritCham, Energy and Utilities Committee
16:05-16:30: Keynote speakers:
- Tom Moody, Regional Director SE Asia, Climate and Energy of UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office
- Dr. Jeremy Silver, CEO Digital Catapult, Chair Catapult Network
Followed by a brief fireside conversation with Tim Rockell.
Asia's role in the Energy Transitionand Scaling Up Investments in Southeast Asia's Sustainable Infrastructure
What are the policy development decisions needed to create efficient energy systems? This panel will cover developments in Waste to Value, Efficient Data Centres, Energy Storage -grid and off-grid capability and Carbon price discovery
- Allard Nooy, CEO, InfraCo Asia, Co-Chair BritCham Energy & Utilities Business Committee
- Paul Jordan, UK Energy Catapult
- More to be announced
Developing a Hydrogen Economy alongside Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage– an imperative for ASEAN?
With the UK's hydrogen strategy now published the panel will focus on the realities of developing a hydrogen economy, including technology integration and collaboration needed to establish a carbon hub in Singapore, collaboration.
- Thomas Briault Arup, Energy Leader Southeast Asia, summary of H2 event in 2020
- Peter Godfrey, MD Energy Institute Asia Pacific, Special Advisor Storegga Geotechnologies,
- Henry Tse, Director of New Mobility Technologies, Connected Places Catapult - Accelerating research and innovation to meet industry and societal needs.
- Andy Koss, Sembcorp
- Dr. Gareth Williams, UK High-Value Manufacturing Catapult
Finance and Risk Revolution
How is the investment and finance community re-aligning to support key regional economies in their far-reaching transition activities? From the vital aid, community support and development finance post-COVID, to the rapid growth in green and sustainability-linked products and investment criteria among financial institutions; all against a backdrop of transformational policy development designed to create new sustainable commercial models and support a net-zero outcome. The panel session will include contributions from the following speakers:
- Ben Arnott, Managing Director, Head of Energy Finance and Advisory, South East Asia, Societe Generale
- Nick Dingemans, Partner,Penningtons Manches Cooper
- Dr Kaho Yu Lead Energy Analyst, Verisk Maplecroft, APAC – The Changing Landscape of Energy Policy and ESG risks in Southeast Asia
- Dominic Gregory, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner - Energy transition in public policy, and the SG Green Plan
- Alison Young – Global Export and Investment Specialist Innovation, Catapult
17:45-18:00: Key takeaways with panellists
Led by Mark Florance, Climate Investor One, Co-Chair BritCham Energy & Utilities Business Committee
To register for the entire SIEW 2021 conference click here. BritCham members are entitled to a discount on the Singapore Energy Summit portion using code SES21FR01.
Our ThinkTank Roundtable event, which is free to attend, can be found here on the SIEW platform.